Saturday, July 3, 2010

Although I wanted to go to bed... I had to say something

 "I've never heard a Jay-Z song."
 Miley Cyrus... she used to be Hannah Montana or whatever, right?  Well, she's certainly not looking like it.  I don't know if anyone has heard or noticed anything about her as of recent, but she's grown boobs, I mean, wings, and has evidently become a slut and is quite proud of it (I can thank this discovery to Target).  Her new single, "Can't Be Tamed," off the album by the same name has her prancing around in a bird costume with a bunch of other people in bird costumes talking about how she, get this, can't be tamed.  This is seemingly ironic seeing as how in her music video she both starts and ends it inside of a cage.

Anyway, on to the issue: why does she exist?  She started out like Hilary Duff with her own teeny bopper show on Disney, followed up with a movie that hit theaters based off of said show, only to land a musical career afterward.  Now, Hilary Duff was a big flop and didn't really go anywhere.  Thank god the biggest mistake she ever made was dating Joel Madden from Good Charlotte;  she never seemed to hit her Britney phase.  Miley Cyrus, on the other hand, seems to heading straight down the path towards Britney, however, this could be much more interesting than Birtney's crazy phase ever was.

The part about this "new" Miley Cyrus that baffles me is that she's using this song as a platform to say, "Hey, everyone!  I'm an adult and am going to sing about adult things, so, like, take me serious, okay?"  which roughly translates to, "Hey, dudes!  I'm a slut still, but am going public!  Do adults things to me, like, serious, okay?"  I can understand where certain pop stars had these phases: Britney was always seen as the innocent virgin until she released her "Britney" album in 2000 with the "sultry" song "I'm a Slave 4 U" (Yay for text talk);  Christina Aguilera did the exact same thing, with a slightly grungier look, in 2002 with "Stripped."  There's no denying that all three of these female vocalists started in Disney, but there is one big difference.  Britney came out and said, "Hey, I'm a slut!" when she was twenty, Christina did it when she was twenty-two... guess how old Miley Cyrus is.  She's a whopping seventeen years old.  You know what that means?  She's still jailbait (jailbait: n. Slang A person below the age of consent with whom sexual intercourse can constitute statutory rape).  Uh... that's a no go.

The thing that's even worse about it is that while now she's publicly trying to have a womanly image and have people take her seriously sexually as opposed to thinking she's still some sort of Disney child star, everyone already thought she was a slut in the first place.  Her announcing it via album isn't anything new.  Remember in 2008 when you were FIFTEEN YEARS OLD and there was a scandal about you posing in PROVOCATIVE photos as well as doing a supposed NUDE PHOTO SHOOT for Vanity Fair?  Everyone thought you were a slut then and no one has changed their minds about that, I promise you.  If anything, you're just admitting that you're a slut (I have never used the word slut so many times in such a short amount of time in my life).

Just to add another thing, she's stupid as hell.  In an interview she was asked what Jay-Z song inspired her to write "Party in the U.S.A.," her hit from last year, seeing as how in the song she mentions a Jay-Z song coming on the radio.  She responded with "I don't know, I didn't write the song, so I have no idea," closely followed by "I've never heard a Jay-Z song. I don't listen to pop music." ... shit like this makes me mad that people like her have a fan base.  Anyway, she's heading straight down the path to marry K-Fed, have two children, and look like Britney in her crazy days.

Have fun shaving your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment