Saturday, June 12, 2010

Guilty Pleasures #2

You know you have more...
Alright, now that my blog has a nice, new face lift, I decided I should go ahead and write something.  I'm a bit empty right now as far as new albums go to review, but hopefully I'll be able to put up a couple on my days off next week.  If anyone has any suggestions of things I should listen to or things they want me to review, please, feel free to toss them out there; I'm open to anything.

On to what this post is about, however, guilty pleasures.  In my last post I talked about Britney Spears, Fallout Boy, and The Ying Yang Twins.  Little to my surprise, once I let the idea of "guilty musical pleasures" sink in, several other things came rushing to me.  I figure I should save some in case I ever need to make a "Guilty Pleasures #3," so for this round, I'm just going to put up another three.

I was trying to think of what order to put these three in and it was a little tough because two of them are certainly things that I have always gotten a semi-negative reaction from.  That being said, I'll put the easy one first: Chris Brown.  Now, I know some people were turned off by him once he beat Rihanna to hell, but others weren't.  I was one of those people that wasn't.  Now, its not that I'm condoning him beating her or condoning the hitting of women, but artists do stupid shit a lot and while this affects their popularity, they're still artists.  God only knows how many rock and roll artists have been charged with abuse or domestic violence; damn near everyone of them does drugs at least.  The only thing that pissed me off about Chris Brown beating Rihanna (outside of her looking like the ShamWow guy got his hands on her) was that his entire album after the event was about her.  She's already stated that she doesn't want to be with him and, personally, I don't blame her.  Yeah, yeah, do that song about how sorry you are, but make a decent album outside of that.  Nearly every single song in this album can be drawn back to Rihanna in some way, shape, or form.  His album "Graffiti" (2009) wasn't terribly bad, but it definitely wasn't good (Also, it quite possibly has some of the worst album art ever).

More to the point, I do enjoy listening to his bad music.  He has a pretty good voice and his songs are pretty catchy.  One thing I really do like about Chris Brown is the people he collaborates with, Big Boi and Lupe Fiasco among them.  He's fun to listen to and I'll admit it, but he needs to stop whining and go bang one of the other million women who still want him after the Rihanna debacle.  In fact, I'm sure there's even some male suitors out there for Mr. Brown.

Alright, now, which one of my last two will be my number two?  Hmmm... this is tough.  Should I make you question my sexuality or throw up first?  Which would you prefer?  Well, since no one is reading as I write, I'm going to chose for you.  You're going to throw up.  Are you ready?  

My second guilty pleasure, my number two: Limp Bizkit.  Boy, oh boy, does that bring back some memories, haha.  I can't even begin to tell you how into Limp Bizkit I was when I was in 4th-6th grade.  Not only were they my favorite band, but get this, me and two friends of mine were planning on making a band INSPIRED by Limp Bizkit.  Who in particular was I inspired by you say?  Was it their relatively talented guitarist Wes Borland aka Monkey Face?  No.  Was it their DJ, DJ Lethal?  No.  It was god damn Fred Durst.  Yeah, that's right, Fred Durst was my hero for a good two years.  Not until I got into high school did I realize he was a pedophile thanks to Triumph the Insult Comic Dog's one hit wonder "I Keed" where Triumph states: "And yet you're too old for Fred Durst to desire/ He's checking out the cast of Lizzie McGuire/ Soon Fred will try to get Mandy Moore/ To open for him and I don't mean on tour!"  At that point I started to reconsider ever having listened to Limp Bizkit.  For some reason though, I can't stop enjoying them.  I'm not saying that I listen to them every single day of my life, that, in fact, would most likely give me cancer.  When they do come on on shuffle, however, seven times out of ten, I'll stop and listen.  Now, I would never ask you to listen to Limp Bizkit for fear that you would never read my blog again, but I do think that if you were ever in your life to listen to Limp Bizkit you should listen to their rendition of "Behind Blue Eyes" which Fred Durst did for Halle Berry's 2003 release "Gothika."  I know its a cover of The Who, but at least listen to it before you entirely dismiss it.



*Thanks to Miss Becca Skinner for telling me how to embed videos from YouTube.  She has an amazing blog, which you really should check out: Thoughts about Rocks & other valuable things*

Hey, after watching that, you have to give props to Fred Durst for even touching Halle Berry let alone making out with her. Alright, and now we come down to it, my third and final guilty pleasure.  What I hear most often from people when I tell them that I like Limp Bizkit is, "Why do you listen to that crap?"  What I hear most often from people when I tell them I listen to my third guilty pleasure is, "You're gay, right?"  My third guilty pleasure is Mr. Justin Timberlake himself.  Now, personally, I think JT is great... well, once he went solo at least.  In 'N Sync he was a total creep with his white boy fro and obviously lack of swag.  However, once he had openly deflowered Britney Spears and gone solo, he changed a lot.  He had a new look and early on in his career discovered some beat boxing talent, something I also discovered in 7th grade, memorizing every beat box part in his song "Rock Your Body" from his 2002 release "Justified."  He was part of the Janet Jackson Super Bowl XXXVIII Half-time Show scandal without getting any of the heat and he even hooked up with Janet on top of that;  I have to say that's pretty sly.  He's also been with another hot lady that is easily in my top 5, Scarlett Johansson.  JT is a big playboy and he knows how to get around.

I'm definitely into his music, especially his last album "Futuresex/Lovesounds" (2007).  He's always been known for his high hitting notes and stellar performing abilities.  JT always puts on a great show where ever he performs, whether it be the MTV Music Video Awards or even the New York Live Garden Show, singing a duet with Beyonce.  More recently, he hasn't been doing much in terms of his own solo career, but rather has been helping out other artists such as Timbaland, T.I., and an up and coming pop star Esmee Denters.  On top of that, the best thing he's done in the past year is parody "Single Ladies" on SNL.  Its quite possibly one of the best SNL skits of all time, at least in the Top 25.  Let me tell you, Justin Timberlake is one hot biscuit.


justin timberlake snl beyonce single ladies video


So, there you are, my Guilty Pleasures #2.  Again, if anyone has any music they want me to check out, feel free to hit me up on here or on Facebook.  Also, let me know, what's your guilty pleasure?

No comments:

Post a Comment