Sunday, June 13, 2010

Thoughts

 

This video is just a song I've been listening to.  Hopefully I'll be reviewing this album next, but the start of this song really stood out to me, so I thought I'd share it.

I've wanted to start branching out this blog a little bit.  I know I started it mainly to talk about music and to review albums and whatnot, but I thought I could use it just to talk about stuff in general.  I used to write a lot back when i was a senior in high school.  I had this really eccentric writing style, which, as far as I know, was a little hard to read and follow.  Even though it was a bit unorganized and awkward syntax wise it was really cathartic for me just to write.  I probably won't be as expressive as I was in my own private journal here on my blog, but I figure writing in general can only help.

Its been nice to read Becca's blog and see her just talk about things in general.  She's not writing for anyone except herself.  There's no direct message to anyone in most of her posts, she just wants to share.  If people want to read, they will, if not, that's okay.  I've been one of those people that's been lucky enough to read.  

I realized I've started seeing the world a lot differently than I used to.  A few years ago, I had a very spiritual mind set.  I tried to take in as much as I could: trees, clouds, rain, cars, buildings, sounds, smells.  Now, however, how I see the world has closed off from that a bit.  I tend to be caught up in my head a bit more, just thinking about things.  Another thing that has happened is that I start seeing the world in patterns.  I was driving home tonight in the rain and noticed how, every time I went under a street light, the pattern of rain drops on my windshield changed.  Some times it was really organized and linear but other times it had blotches and was more chaotic.

This sort of epiphany helped me to realize that artists really do see the world differently than everyone else.  Not just visual artists like me, but all artists: musicians, writers, photographers, sculptors, architects, chefs, all of them.  Its kind of fun to think about it that way in all honesty.  I can't imagine what it would be like seeing the world from a different perspective.  But, then again, I guess everyone sees the world differently.  I'd like to start taking everything in like I used to.  For some reason, when I was able to do that, it really put me at ease about everything.  Everything just seemed in order, everything was in its place.

How do you see the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment